Philip is a licensed contractor (ROC257844, KB-2 dual commercial and residential), a Certified Construction Inspector, an Emeritus level member of the American Institute of Architects, and a AAA trained arbitrator. He also holds a patent for a foundation system used in expansive soils.
As a recognized expert in the construction claims industry, Mr. Coppola assists owners, contractors, design professionals and their attorneys in the assertion or defense of construction related lawsuits. Mr. Coppola has extensive experience in the evaluation of defective construction, forensic evaluation, building failures and general construction claims. He investigates the causes of water intrusion and is involved in numerous mold-related cases. He provides CPM delay analyses and risk management plans. Mr. Coppola has testified in deposition, arbitration, Registrar of Contractors’ hearings and both Federal and Superior Courts on such issues as delay claims, stucco, roofing, framing, soils, mold, standard of care for contractors and architects.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture, City College of New York, School of Architecture, NY
· Bachelor of Architecture Degree, City College of New York, School of Architecture, NY
· Computerized Energy Management Systems - MCC Powers, Chicago, IL
· Construction Estimating and Bidding - Southern Methodist University School of Business
· Real Estate Law - Alief Independent School District, Houston, TX
· Advanced Construction Law in Arizona, Phoenix, AZ
· Arbitration Panelist Training, American Arbitration Association, Phoenix, AZ
· Expert Witness Procedures, Phoenix, AZ
· Mold Litigation: Beyond the Basics, San Antonio, TX
· Protecting the Government From Contractor Delay Claims, Phoenix, AZ
· Comparative Construction Defect Law, Las Vegas, NV
· Registrar of Contractors